Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Life of the Young, Fabulous, and Broke

I recently have come to the realization that about 35% of my day is spent killing time.  You might even consider it homicide.  I kill time at the library, kill time on the computer, and kill time walking around town.  I suppose there are worse crimes to commit.  Considering I spend about 25% of my life sitting at the airport, 15% sitting in an airplane, and 25% sleeping/eating/private lights out time, that leaves little time for my true passion:  irresponsible spending.  Thus I am happy to report that yesterday I managed to consolidate TWO of these activities.  I was killing time in the house of the lovely Mr.'s Barnes & Noble when I came across "The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous, and Broke."  Why, I am all of these things!  The fact that the word "money" was thrown in only held my attention even longer.  And who was eerily open-mouthed smiling at me on the cover?  None other than the great Lady Suze Orman.  
Unfortunately, the book ran for $18 which seemed like a great start to my path of being young and broke ('cause let's face it, I've got the fabulous part down).  Even more unfortunate was the urge, and subsequent giving in to said urge, to purchase another book.  Who am I to deny my fabulous self a pleasure purchase?  
Though my original reasons for buying the book may not have been of the purest, I do have to admit that this is one cheap lesbian who knows her penny pinching.  The book features an easy, breezy (beautiful) writing style, and presents the reader with the solid facts, Orman style!  I would recommend it to any fellow Y, F&B'er if not solely for the pictures of Suze in her blisteringly loud attire/orange skin.  

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't like the way Suze spells her name. I mean, where does she get off? She kind of scares me, so I'll probably end up reading it. We can discuss! It can be the first in a series of books we read!

Jen said...

OMG I love me some Suze! One time, I was flipping through the channels and she was talking up a storm about she was young and broke and blah blah blah. I was TRANSFIXED, I watched her for like, an hour.
Also: half.com, your best get-books-for-cheap friend.

Nathaniel Daniel said...

Thanks for the tip-for-the-cheap!